How can you use math facts you already know to help you know others? How are addition and subtraction related? What VALUE does a digit in the ones, tens, hundreds, or thousands have? These are all questions we are exploring in math.
Just a reminder: Students are to practice addition and subtraction facts regularly at home. A few minutes each day will make a tremendous difference.
Superkids Hit Second Grade is our core language arts program. Students will develop their reading, writing and spelling skills through daily instruction/practice. Take a peek into the Grade 2 Superkids Program by clicking here... And don't forget to use the parent portal for at home practice!
For at home spelling practice, please visit SpellingCity.com/MrsNelson2/ where weekly lists have been submitted for students to practice on line.
- Students will use an iPod as a listening station, to practice 'decodable flashcards' and to play reinforcement games via Apps.
- Students will use Garage Band to practice fluency and 'drop' Podcasts in a folder for Mrs. Nelson to listen to.
- Students will create Podcasts to publish their writing in a new way to heard by classmates and parents.
- Students will develop their keyboarding skills with regular use of a typing program called Type to Learn 3.
- Students may practice their weekly spelling words at SpellingCity.com/MrsNelson2/
We are currently working to use and create maps to better understand people and places.
How do simple machines make 'work' easier? That is the question we are currently exploring.